If not updated this record will expire at 06/28/2024.
Therapist category: Trained Therapist
Level of training: Level 3
Types of clients: Adults, Couples, Families
Specializations: Anxiety, Depression, Emotional Dysregulation, Phobias, Relational issues
LI Therapy online?: Yes
Carol Pendleton, MA, LMFT, LMHC, CMHS
Adult, Couple, and Family Therapist
As an adult, couple, and family therapist, I enjoy working with adults individually or in couple’s therapy to help them work towards their life goals. I also enjoy working with children, teenagers, and their families to help them increase experiences of connection and trust. I primarily work from family systems, trauma focused, and strength-based perspectives.
I work closely with parents, offering functional behavior analyses, parenting strategies, and ongoing parenting support to assist in developing advanced parenting skills to address their children’s behaviors. I provide children therapy within the family context.
I offer school advocacy services to help families access educational support and services such as IEP’s and 504 Plans and to address bullying issues. I also help children who struggle with symptoms of ADHD to develop and strengthen executive functioning skills.
I provide couple’s therapy primarily by helping couples understand and shift their relational patterns to increase individual responsibility and relational connection. As a Gottman Bringing Baby Home Educator, I enjoy working with couples as they transition to parenthood through birth, adoption, or by the creation of blended families. Additionally, I work with separated/divorced couples to develop effective co-parenting relationships.
2012 MA, Applied Psychology in Couple and Family Therapy
Antioch University, Seattle
- Licensed Marriage Family Therapist (License #LC60510763)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (License #LH60672449)
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- AAMFT Clinical Fellow
- Certified Somatic Transformation Practitioner
- Lifespan Integration Therapist (Level 3)
- Emotion Focused Couples Therapist
- Child Mental Health Specialist
- Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator
- Certified Prepare-Enrich Couple’s Counselor
- Gottman Bringing Baby Home Educator
- Perinatal Mental Health Specialist
- Affiliate Faculty, Antioch University, Seattle
I completed advanced clinical training in Bowen Family Systems Couples Therapy, Gottman Method Couples therapy, Emotion Focused Couples Therapy, and Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. I completed an intensive certification program in Somatic Transformation Therapy, which explores and treats the physiological and psychological effects of complex traumatic experiences.
- In-network provider with Regence, Premera, Kaiser PPO, Cigna, First Choice
- Out of network insurance rate: $150 per hour
- Statements provided upon request for out of network insurance reimbursement
- Sliding Fee Scale available based on need
Location and Availability
- Most sessions are conducted via Teleconference
- Office Hours: Weekdays by appointment
- Some evening appointments available